March 23, 2014

Mod: Nine ball gas router (the purple one)


Hi guys,

You've probably seen some magazines that have a purple bit of rubber where your magazines have black rubber, right?

They say this piece of purple rubber makes your airsoft gun shoot harder, but you just can't believe it...



Until you borrow one of those magazines, put it into your gun and don't believe the kick and cycling speed it suddenly has...

That was me a couple of weeks ago.
After borrowing that magazine, I realized I found my next mod.

So let me shortly explain the physics behind this...
Please ignore the Japanese text... I can't read it either...
Looking at the black one on the right, you can see the inside of the rubber sealing has all kinds of straight edges. This makes the gas flow more turbulent, resulting in a loss of power.
The purple one on the left side however, has rounded edges where the black one has straight edges. This helps get a smoother flow of gas resulting in less loss of power.

So you see kids, this simple piece of purple rubber does help your gun shoot harder.

Now let's talk money. I admit, you need one of these for each of your magazines, but the cost is really low so that's not too much of a hurdle.

Installing these is a piece of cake. Just take a look at this video on youtube (I do not take credit for it... I didn't make it)

Installation video

No comments:

Post a Comment